If you blame Black American communities for their relative poverty, remember that Black Americans were stolen from a continent, trafficked, and enslaved for nearly 300 years.
Tell me again about how your family ‘started from nothing’ when they immigrated. Didn’t they start from whiteness? Seems like a pretty good start.
The American Dream required dual genocides, but tell me again about fairness and equal opportunity. Tell me about democracy, modeled after the Iroquois Confederacy. Tell me your proud heritage, and I will show you the violence that made it so.”
— (via nativnuance)"
Kim Katrin Crosby, Keynote Speaker for LGBTQ History Month at Dartmouth, on September 30, 2013
- 1: Take a picture of your workspace.
- 2: Show your pencil case and what's inside.
- 3: Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a "doodle" it is.
- 4: Lineart or coloring?
- 5: Who/what inspires you?
- 6: Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand.
- 7: Do you have any OCs?
- 8: Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites?
- 9: Favorite thing to draw?
- 10: Least favorite thing to draw?
- 11: Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now.
- 12. Any weird artist behavior you admit doing?
Anonymous asked: Is your illustration from Sat Wall Street Journal available for purchase?
Absolutely! I can’t see your name but if we haven’t spoken already please shoot me an email (can be found in my ‘contact’ section). Thank you!
burnedbuho asked: i'm so in love with your art. it's amazing congratulations :3
Thank you very much! C:
intellichick asked: So glad they picked you for the #WeCanSurvive Poster artwork! Love your work!
Aw thank you! It was a fun job, there will be more, I hope ;)